The National Alliance for Model State Drug Laws (NAMSDL) is a resource for governors, state legislators, attorneys general, local prosecutors, drug and alcohol professionals, health professionals, community leaders, the recovering community and others striving for comprehensive and effective state drug and alcohol laws, policies, regulations and programs.
Funded by congressional appropriations, NAMSDL is the non-profit successor to The President’s Commission on Model State Drug Laws. In coordination with the Office of National Drug Control Policy, we draft model drug and alcohol laws, policies and regulations. We research, analyze and compare related state statutes, policies and regulations. We link people to our nationwide network of drug and alcohol experts. We help state and local officials:
- Determine what’s working with statutes, policies and regulations.
- Eliminate duplicative efforts.
- Spot needed improvements.
- Establish accountability methods for assuring compliance.
- Help ensure the optimal fiscal use of public dollars.
- Create cost-effective drug and alcohol strategies, laws and services.